Ticketpark is a growing, Switzerland-based, remote-work-friendly event ticketing system provider, focused on making buying and selling event tickets a joy for buyers and organizers.
As the team is getting busier, we are creating the specific role of a
Head of Software Development
In a nutshell
32-40 hours per week | remote first | lots of PHP | growing company
In this function you will ..
Define features and set priorities together with the product manager
Write requirement tasks for developers together with the product manager
Ensure the quality of new developments by reviewing code, enforcing automated testing and performing manual testing
Ensure the creation and quality control of documentation for new and existing developments
Collaborate actively in development work with our two software engineers located in Poland
Collaborate actively in responding to technical support tasks
Assist the support and sales team in replying to technical questions
Implement and operate our server infrastructure together with DevOps experts
Keep an eye on new and upcoming technologies and evaluate their benefit for Ticketpark (like Voice, ML, AI, Blockchain and whatever the future will bring)
Coach and train junior developers
Consult the management in making decisions about internal software and hardware solutions (like time tracking, file servers, etc) and implement such solutions for the whole company
- Lead further developments of our event management platform by defining the suitable architecture and choosing future-proof technologies for our different applications and modules:
- Digital Event Ticket PEP
- Volunteers Management
- Coupon Shop
- Mobile CheckIn App
- Badge Printing Solutions
Our current tech stack
Internally we use lots of cloud based tools like Slack, Jira, GSuite, Toggl, Helpscout, Whereby and others. We like Apple and Macs.
What you bring to the company
- You are an experienced senior developer and know the challenges of turning business requirements into working features.
- You have experience of leading others and bringing out the best in them.
- You speak and write English fluently. If you also know German, this is a big plus.
- You are curious and like to learn and apply new things.
- You enjoy both, the conceptual aspects of work as well as hands-on development.
- You have a quick grasp of complex matters.
- You have proven to be able to handle concurrent projects reliably and efficiently.
- You are communicative and don’t hold back with information, praise, nor constructive feedback.
What it’s like to work at Ticketpark
- We are strong supporters of a calm, joyful work environment. It doesn’t have to be crazy at work. Most of our team work part-time and all of us enjoy activities outside of work.
- Still, sometimes an extra-effort is needed and and a long day may be required once in a blue moon.
- We are in transition of becoming a remote-first company. Communication happens mainly on Slack and via video chat already and it will become even more so. You are welcome to shape this change with us along the way!
- Every team member is expected to care deeply about real customer needs. Our clients stick with us because of their great experience with us rather than being locked in by a long-term contract.
- Team members enjoy fullest mutual trust and strive to live up to this responsibility.
- We often say thank you and please to each other and prefer acts of real appreciation over standardized birthday cards.
- You may expect fair compensation based on your education, experience, and cost of living in your home country.
Great, let’s get to know each other! Get in touch with our CEO Manuel Reinhard by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are looking forward to reading from you!